- Early Intervention
- Day Habilitation
- Weekend Retreat
- Parents Day Out
- Waiver/Case Management
- Health Services
- ABC Program
- Sliding Scale Preschool Enrichment Program
BCSS provides habilitation services for children who have been diagnosed with developmental disabilities at the BCSS Preschool Center in Rogers, Arkansas. Our services foster a wide range of experiences and opportunities in a nurturing, stimulating, and educational environment. We focus on each child’s individual strengths while promoting his or her physical, cognitive, self-help, social-emotional, and communication development. We offer two programs, a Toddler classroom program for ages 18 months to 3 years of age and a Preschool classroom program for ages 3 years to 5 years of age. Our Toddler and Preschool classroom programs are accredited quality approved early childhood programs by the state of Arkansas.
Services provided by our highly skilled staff may include:
• Developmental Evaluations.
• Development of individualized program plans by a team including teachers, therapists, parents, and other professionals as indicated.
• Developmentally appropriate classroom activities and experiences to help achieve the desired outcomes of a child’s individualized program.
• Ongoing evaluation of the progress of services and modification of program plans or services as may be necessary to affect desired outcomes.
• Ongoing communication with team members in order to coordinate and enhance a child’s services.
• Service coordination to assist families/caregivers in acquiring other specialized services and/or specialized equipment that may be needed by a child.
• Ongoing communication with medical professionals such as primary care physicians, specialists (orthopedists, neurologists, ENT), nurse practitioners, nutritionists to coordinate and enhance a child’s services.
• Parent and community education and consultation services.
Toddler Classroom Program:
Our Toddler classroom program serves children ages 18 months to 3 years who have been diagnosed with developmental disabilities. Our class sizes are small with only 8 children per classroom. Each classroom has a lead teacher and a teacher assistant for a student to staff ratio of 4:1. Each classroom is supervised by a state certified early childhood special education teacher (ECSE). Children attend our toddler classroom program from 7:45 am until 2:45 pm each day. Our daily thematic lesson plans consist of developmentally appropriate activities to facilitate the acquisition of gross motor, fine motor, cognitive, adaptive, and/or communication skills in young children with disabilities. Most activities are play based because children first learn through play. Therapists also provide therapy services as indicated within the classroom environment to assist in facilitating the acquisition and/or generalization of skills.
Preschool Classroom Program:
Our Preschool classroom program serves children ages 3 to 5 years who have been diagnosed with developmental disabilities. Our class sizes are small with only 12 children per classroom. Each classroom has 3 slots reserved for typically developing preschool students. Each classroom has a lead teacher and a teacher assistant for a student to staff ratio of 6:1. Each classroom is supervised by a state certified early childhood special education teacher (ECSE). Children attend our preschool classroom program from 7:45 am until 2:45 pm each day. Our daily thematic lesson plans consist of developmentally appropriate activities to facilitate the acquisition of developmental milestone skills in preschool children with disabilities. Kindergarten readiness skills are also included within our lesson plans to prepare our students for their future transition into their local kindergarten programs.
For more information concerning BCSS Early Childhood Habilitation Services, please contact:
Benton County Sunshine School- Early Childhood Special Services
3400 Woods Lane
Rogers, Arkansas 72756
(479) 636-3190, Ext.121